joshua tree workshop 2018

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

How the heck does a DRY FLUSH tiny house toilet work??

So, these "dry flush" toilets are relatively new to the tiny house world, and as of recent, I kept hearing of more and more of them being used, but there was never a video to show "just whats up?" with these units. I mean, how the heck do they work without stinking??

Well, I recently got to spend a night at the rather-darn-cool "Getaway Boston" tiny house compound, and lo and behold, they had a dry flush toilet.



While they are incredibly easy to use, I'm still not sure if I'd go this route (namely because of the plastic-based disposal bags you need to use). That said, its unbelievably simple as an install a system like this, it works like a charm, and the toilets themselves are rather traditional in their look (so as to not scare the already squeamish).

Take a look at this video.... its explains, and shows. quite a bit more....

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen